The second annual WPTDeepStacks-Tampa took place at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino beginning June 8th and concluding June 19th with the live streamed $1,100 Main Event final table. The series boasted five primary events and was headlined by the finale which drew 704 entries marking a 30 percent year over year attendance increase and going down as the third largest Main Event in the tour’s four-year history.
Claiming victory along with $162,354, a $5,250 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Championship seat and a guitar trophy was Rex Clinkscales of Las Vegas. The victory marked Clinkscales’ ninth tournament victory and his largest score to date. In addition to earning the Main Event title, Clinkscales went down as the Player of the Series.
Here’s a look at each of the five series champions:
- Event 1: Thomas Larson Defeated 738 Entries ($570 Deep Stack Re-Entry) for $54,580
- Event 2: Bryce McVay Defeated 194 Entries ($250 Deep Stack Turbo) for $12,222
- Event 3: Bob Gallo Defeated 513 Entries ($350 Deep Stack Re-Entry) for $29,930
- Main Event: Rex Clinkscales Defeated 704 Entries ($1,100 Deep Stack) for $162,354 and $5,250 SHRPO Seat
- Event 5: Corey Major Defeated 123 Entries ($250 Deep Stack Turbo) for $4,822
That’s a wrap for WPTDeepStacks-Tampa. Follow @SHRTPoker on Twitter and check back with us here at SHRTPoker.com for more information on all future series.