The 2016 Winter Poker Open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa began December 1 and concluded during the early morning hours of December 19. The 14-tournament series ran as part of the 2016/2017 Seminole Hard Rock Poker season and was capped off by the $1,650 Championship.
The series finale boasted a $300,000 guarantee that was more than doubled as 489 entries ponied up the buy-in for a shot at a Tampa title. In all, the prize pool settled at $733,500 and the event enjoyed a year-over-year attendance increase of almost 40 entries. Earning the tournament’s top prize along with the guitar trophy and a $5,250 seat in the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Championship was David Bradshaw of Atlanta, Georgia.
Here’s a look at all the series champions:
- Rob Manjura won Event 1 ($350 Deep Stack) for $30,000
- Kirsten Olieberg won the $150 Ladies Event for $1,920
- Josias Santos won Event 3 ($150 Turbo) for $4,749
- Kostas Papastavrou won Event 4 ($150 Big Stack) for $13,071
- Jordan Holt won Event 5 ($250 PLO) for $6,975
- E.J. McVetty won Event 6 ($250 Big Stack) for $4,657
- Dimitry Agrachov won Event 7 ($570 Deep Stack) for $40,727
- Alan Phillips won Event 8 ($150 Turbo) for $4,900
- Bryce McVay won Event 9 ($250 Deep Stack) for $5,428
- Manny Minaya won Event 10 ($150 Double Green Chip Bounty) for $1,558
- Billy Dubay won the $180 Seniors Classic Rockers for $4,503
- John Pishos won Event 12 ($150 Turbo) for $3,875
- David Bradshaw won the $1,650 Championship for $154,750, an SHRPO seat and guitar trophy
- John Holley won Event 14 ($250 Turbo) for $4,981
That concludes the 2016 Winter Poker Open. Next up for Seminole Hard Rock Tampa is the WPTDeepStacks-Tampa series slated for June of 2017. Complete series details will be posted right here at SHRTPoker.com when available.