Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa hosted its first-ever World Series of Poker Circuit series and the turnout was fantastic.
The opening event drew 2,433 entries including 1,023 on the first Saturday to completely pack the Event Center. The tournament created a $1,252,995 prize pool to set the record for the biggest in Tampa poker history.
That record stood for a week. When the WSOP Circuit Main Event rolled around, it took the $1,000,000 guaranteed prize pool up to $1,760,430 with $290,974 going to the champ. Isaac Kempton nearly went wire-to-wire for the victory, ending each day with the chip lead, and capping of his Main Event win on a very tough final table.
Over the 14 primary events, the tournaments drew a combined 7,998 entries and awarded nearly $5.8 million in prize money. That number is up from the $2.23 million in guarantees and another sign that the series was a huge success.
During the 12-day run, David Prociak won his second career WSOP Circuit ring ($1,125 PLO) and Arkadiy Tsinis won his fifth ($600 Six-Handed). David Tuthill conquered the $400 Turbo tournament and finished sixth in the $1,125. Along with four other cashes, he lock up the WSOP Casino Champion and a seat in the Global Casino Championship.
Thank you to all of our old friends, new friends, and out of town travelers for making our first WSOP Circuit series a huge success. See you next time!
Click the links below for tournament recaps and updates:
- Event 1 ($600 Double Stack): Byron Johnson – $166,176
- Event 2 ($400 PLO): Michael Raimon – $13,894
- Event 3 ($400 Turbo): David Tuthill – $15,272
- Event 4 ($1,125 NLH): Ryan Yu – $53,725
- Event 5 ($600 Six-Handed): Arkadiy Tsinis – $39,527
- Event 6 ($400 Monster Stack): Kevin Ho – $70,567
- Event 7 ($1,125 PLO): David Prociak – $51,400
- Event 8 ($2,200 High Roller): Romeo Mendoza – $88,717
- Event 9 ($3,250 High Roller): Mark Zullo – $89,150
- Main Event ($1,700 NLH): Isaac Kempton – $290,974
- Event 11 ($400 Turbo): Anthony Guagliardo – $18,417
- Event 12 ($250 Seniors): Seth Bobet – $16,354
- Event 13 ($600 NLH): David DiBernardi – $40,079
- Event 14 ($250 Double Stack): Harmeet Singh – $17,990